Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Road Trip - One Way


Our Christian walk is like being on a “Road Trip”. After all, didn’t Christ Himself say, “Follow Me” and “Go”? The first thing we must learn about this trip is, there is only “One Way” to go to get to our destination.

My wife and I live on a cul-de-sac… there is only one way to get to our house from the entrance of our subdivision. In the same sense, there is only “One Way” to get to Heaven, our one true home (1 Peter), remember, we are just passing through. Check out this scripture:

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life." -John 14:6.

Have you ever been on a trip and had to ask for directions? Were you able to under stand them? Did they get you where you wanted to go? It can be frustrating when we receive directions but they are so complicated that they are hard to follow. What we ask is a simple question, but too often a simple answer is not what we get in return.

There are many people who give life directions from their own ideas. The best directions usually come from those who are familiar with where you are and know where you are trying to go. There are those who are trying to find the way to God. They are going through life, but have no idea which way to go. Many have decided to stumble through life, hoping they will stumble upon God and happiness. Some have even asked directions from others who have steered them in the wrong direction and left them confused and even lost. And unfortunately, because of that, some have stopped looking altogether.

The way is not complicated... Follow Christ! As Christians, we can rejoice that we have found the right directions to heaven and God. Jesus, who has been there and lived here, has shown us the way. With Christ as our tour guide, we know exactly how to get there from here (or where ever we may be). That's why we follow Him and take no chance of getting lost, He knows the way! My family and I go to Garden City Beach just about every summer. I could drive there from Greenville with my eyes closed; I wouldn’t, but, you know what I mean… This year, I decided to come back home a different way because the traffic was unbelievable. So I asked for directions. Luckily, the guy I asked was also from Greenville. He knew exactly what to tell me and which way to go because he had driven it many times before… he knew!

So, while on your "Road Trip" called life, look to the One who knows the right way to go. Remember, there really is only "One Way"! So, don't get distracted and veer off course, going "One Way" really is that simple!
Then He said to them, “Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.” Matthew 4:19
And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature." Mark 16:15

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes the road takes us places we didn't expect but we may not be off of it just somewhere we are not familiar.---Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Brother. If we continue to follow Him and take His directions, He lead us even in areas that are unexpected or unfamiliar... Love you guys!
    "And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them. -Isaiah 42:16

    ReplyDelete